The Chaotic Plotter
the written adventures of Mr. Jasper Jay
Snarky, Gay, Fiction.
And worlds unexplored
Welcome dear mortals to my playground of thought. I am the illustrious and utterly unknown Jasper Jay Adams and I invite you into the cogs of my mind. If you are here as a fiction writer or other creative, scroll down to find some of my more recent blog posts that I hope will serve you well.
For the Tik Tok humans, D&D players and people stocking me on social, I invite you to read the following and join the story of Fayne Amadeus and Reaver, a project that’s near and dear to my heart as it has been for many years.
Lore Report: The Screamers
From the throws of darkness and the hallows of light, two young men come together.
Reaver’s name is whispered on the streets. No one wants to be on his bad side. His tattoos grow by the day as does the cult like following his dad commands.
Fayne is the tinfoil-hat conspiracy-theorist who spends his days trying to drag the Syndicate into the light.
Their pinkies are tied by the red string of fate and their hands cuffed by the reality of their past.
All the evils of the world divide them but it’s only a matter of time before one falls to the others side. All that’s certain is that when these two find each other the world will never be the same.
For Fiction Writers and Creatives
Find Your Lightbulb Moment
Advice for Fiction Writers and other Creative People
When I have a lightbulb moment I like to write it down and post it here. These are just some of the many notes I’ve written.
If you like what you read you can either sporadically check this domain or fallow the blog and get an email when I sporadically post.
So one of my most popular videos on youtube is Wattpad Vs. WordPress, which one is better for fiction writers. Its also one of my best preforming blog posts. But I’ve learned an awful lot about building a platform in between then and now, so I wanted to do a fallow up.
It’s already the 20th day of 2020 which is pretty shocking to me. I was at work talking about resolutions when my alway tired and flustered co worker says to me ‘I don’t believe in new years resolutions, they’re just a capitalist scam to sell more gym memberships’ I was completely caught off guard because I’d never met one of these people in the wild. I didn’t get to say everything I wanted to so please enjoy my post/rant.
I’ve been traveling around Japan for the last two months talking to people traveling from all over the world. And 9 times out of 10, when I introduce myself as a writer I’m told a story, something they wanted to write, a scene floating in their head, or the story of a tried and failed draft.
Today I want to talk to you about how I became a writer, what being a writer feels like, and how a writer is made.
Fiction Writers: Here are The Nine Never Talked About Rules to Launching Your Author Platform from Scratch
I constantly felt overwhelmed, like I had too much on my plate. My love for writing deformed and became relentless self-promotion. It took up all my time and I never had the chance to write. I was slipping in and out of burnout every day and developed depression related to my identity. All the sources said I needed to have one solid, unified online presence but I was having a hard time trying to fit myself into one box. I thought I was the flawed one for being a ‘jack of all trades’ type and tried to cut out every other avenue of my personality.
I knew there was an issue. A work acquaintance once asked me: “What do you do for fun?” I replied, “I work”
Many famous writers will tell you to ‘just write even if you aren’t inspired’ but writer’s block is a long and difficult battle to fight. Finding inspiration can help to get rid of writer’s block, get more word per day, make more time for writing, and simply enjoy writing more.
With that in mind here are some of my favorite ways to hunt down inspiration.
Becoming a Full-Time Writer (A How-To)
Most people only dream of becoming a full-time writer. It sounds impossible, to make a living writing. So how do so many people do it? Today I’m breaking down how one becomes a full-time writer.
- The Habit of Being a Writer- Why?“You should be writing everyday”- how many times have you heard that one? “Read books in your genre” is often countered with “Writers should read broadly” – both still imply you should be reading all the time. “Schedule your writing time- yes write it in on your calendar” – usually accompanies rebuttals about not writingContinue reading “The Habit of Being a Writer- Why?”
- 10 Things I Wish I Knew Before Writing My First NovelThis year, 2020, is the year of finishing projects for me. I’ll be releasing the book I’ve been working on for years, and I’m about to release a very different kind of project that I’ve had in my heart for a very long time. In starting these new projects I’ve had to do two things.Continue reading “10 Things I Wish I Knew Before Writing My First Novel”
- When Writing Feels ImpossibleSometimes we just want something so badly and it fails. Sometimes we know we shouldn’t do something and we do it anyway. Sometime this causes burnout. Sometimes this is because of burnout. I’ve spent most of my life doing something because I think I ‘should’. As a result everything I ‘should do’ ends up failing.Continue reading “When Writing Feels Impossible”
- What Everyone Forgets- Fiction Writer’s Guide to Platform BuildingSo one of my most popular videos on youtube is Wattpad Vs. WordPress, which one is better for fiction writers. Its also one of my best preforming blog posts. But I’ve learned an awful lot about building a platform in between then and now, so I wanted to do a fallow up. It’s not aboutContinue reading “What Everyone Forgets- Fiction Writer’s Guide to Platform Building”
- 20 Tips for Writers to Stay Strong in Your 2020 New Years ResolutionsIt’s already the 20th day of 2020 which is pretty shocking to me. I was at work talking about resolutions when my alway tired and flustered co worker says to me ‘I don’t believe in new years resolutions, they’re just a capitalist scam to sell more gym memberships’ I was completely caught off guard becauseContinue reading “20 Tips for Writers to Stay Strong in Your 2020 New Years Resolutions”
Start Your Life as a Writer
Fiction Writers Marketing Guide